If you are craving juice then low FODMAP cranberry juice is your answer! This lovely tangy juice can be a tummy friendly thirst quencher, however you need to choose a cranberry drink that doesn’t contain sneaky FODMAPs and watch your serving size.
We’ve created a quick low FODMAP guide to help you choose a cranberry drink.
Low FODMAP Cranberry Juice Guide
So what should you look for when choosing a cranberry drink? Well, ideally you are looking for a cranberry drink that is made from up to 27% cranberry juice, water, and a low FODMAP sweetener like sucrose, sugar, glucose, or dextrose. If you are looking for a diet option then a juice that is sweetened with stevia (sterol glycosides) or sucralose.
When you check the label avoid cranberry juice that contains any of these high FODMAP ingredients:
- apple juice or pear juice
- mango juice or pomegranate juice
- high fructose corn syrup
- erythritol – the verdict is out on if this sweetener is high FODMAP or low FODMAP so we suggest avoiding it in the first phase of the low FODMAP diet
- polyol based sweeteners like sorbitol
How much cranberry drink can you have?
Before you chug back an entire bottle of cranberry drink just remember that when it comes to the low FODMAP diet serving sizes are important. We’d suggest you start by having ¾ of a glass of cranberry juice and then leave 3 to 4 hours before your next serving. Larger servings can become high FODMAP. You can find more serving size information for cranberry drink in the Monash University FODMAP Diet App.
Juices made out of 100% cranberry juice and much more concentrated and are higher in FODMAPs. Often these are made to be diluted in water. These products are low FODMAP in 60ml (4 tablespoon) serves.
What cranberry drink brands are low FODMAP?
We get asked this question a lot so we’ve created a list with a few of our favourite low FODMAP cranberry drink options. Please note that the ingredients in these products were checked via online ingredient lists. Manufacturers can change product ingredients at short notice – send us an email at [email protected] if you think a product needs to be updated.
- Coles Cranberry Drink
- Bickford’s Cranberry Juice Drink
- Ocean Spray Cranberry Classic
- Ocean Spray Cranberry Classic Light
- Bremner’s Cranberry Juice (limit to 60ml per serving)
- Lakewood Organic Cranberry Juice Concentrate (limit to 60ml per serving)
- Musoka Lakes Cranberry Juice (limit to 60ml per serving)
- Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry Beverage
- Ocean Spray Cranberry Cocktail
- Ocean Spray Unsweetened Pure Cranberry Juice
New Zealand Brands
- Keri Juice Kitchen Premium Cranberry
- Ocean Spray Cranberry Classic
- Ocean Spray Light Cranberry Classic
- The Real McCoy Cranberry Drink
United Kingdom Brands
- Ocean Spray Cranberry Classic Light Juice Drink (no added sugar)
- Tesco Cranberry Juice 1 Litre
- Ocean Spray Cranberry Classic Juice Drink
- Sainsbury’s Cranberry Juice Drink
- Sainsbury’s cranberry Juice Drink, No Added Sugar
United States Brands
- Simple Truth Organic Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice Cocktail Original
- Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry Juice
- Ocean Spray Pure Cranberry
- Langers Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- L&A All Cranberry Juice
- Vitacost 100% Pure Cranberry Juice Concentrate (limit to 60ml per serving)
- Stater Bros Cranberry Juice Cocktail Diet
- Market Pantry Diet Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- Texas Squeeze Cranberry Cocktail
If you are craving juice then cranberry drink makes a lovely low FODMAP option. Just make sure you check the label before you buy to avoid sneaky high FODMAP ingredients and enjoy the product in the recommended low FODMAP serving size.
Leave a Reply